Higher Education Afterschool and Youth Work Roundtable
Inform, Innovate, Integrate
The mission of the Higher Education Afterschool and Youth Work Roundtable (HEAYR) is to strengthen the afterschool and youth work fields by convening faculty and administrators from Greater Boston colleges and universities for the purposes of sharing information, developing joint projects and trainings, pooling research and public policy resources, and promoting professional advancement and credentialing in the afterschool and youth work fields.
- HEAYR will provide a unified voice in response to developments in the afterschool and youth work fields.
- HEAYR will create a survey of higher education courses and program offerings related to youth development and afterschool worker competency in the Greater Boston area. It will also support similar efforts on a state-wide level.
- HEAYR will become informed of and document compatible initiatives and programs in different higher education institutions.
- HEAYR will search for initiatives in other regions of the country for best practices .
- HEAYR will help to shape credentialling in the afterschool and youth work fields.
- HEAYR will strengthen the role of Higher Education in enabling afterschool and youth workers to reach the core competencies laid out by AchieveBoston.
- HEAYR will collaborate with public and private entities to create an afterschool and youth work infrastructure for professional development.
- HEAYR will advise the field on how to proceed with credentialing
- HEAYR will share information among group members regarding events, programs, legislation, and certification developments that affect the afterschool and youth work fields.
- HEAYR will work toward collaborative projects across institutions of Higher Education, such as joint trainings, courses, certifications, and consortia.
The HEAYR Report
Evidence for Action: Strengthening After-School Programs for All Children and Youth
by Dr. Gil Noam & Julie Dennehy
Program in Education, Afterschool & Resiliency
Sitemap - Contact Us